My name is Christina, but everyone calls me Chris. I was born and grew up in Drummondville, Quebec, but I’ve been living here for the past 4 years. I’m going into my third year at Bishop’s pursuing a Double Major in International Studies with a Concentration in Global Governance and in Sociology with a Concentration in Criminology, Law, and Social Policy. I am your SRC Vice-President of Academic Affairs, and this is my first year as a member of the SRC! I have been involved on campus through the National Model UN Practicum and The Campus Newspaper as Features Editor. You might have seen me around at the gym, at the library, or waiting for my cauliflower bites at the Purple Pod!
As your VP Academic, I am responsible to sit on many committees and discuss with University stakeholders to advocate for students’ interests at Bishop’s. One of my goals is to bring further awareness to the academic resources on campus and ensure students are informed about all the resources available to them on the academic side, including for their mental health. I want to be a resource for you on campus if you have any questions or inquiries, and I want to hear your opinion! You will always see me around campus, so please never hesitate to come to say hi or email me! I am here to represent you!
Raise a toast!
- The Vice-President of Academic Affairs is a voting member of the University Senate, the Academic Standing and Admissions Policy Committee of Senate, the Teaching and Learning Centre Committee of Senate, and the Senate Planning Committee of Senate.
- The V.P. Academic serves as the Presidential Alternate for the purposes of the Bylaws
- They serve on other internal BSR and university committees as listed in the Policies, named by the Appointments Committee, or otherwise appointed.
- The V.P. Academic is responsible for seeing that students are placed on all Senate and Academic Departmental Committees in the University and present these names to the Appointments Committee
- The Vice-President of Academic Affairs act as a coordinator of the student Senators and report to the BSR on their progress, acts as the liaison between the membership and the BSR for academic matters, and is responsible for addressing student academic complaints to the SRC and ensuring that they are adequately resolved.
- The Vice-President of Academic Affairs coordinates the publication of the Mitre and liaises with the Editor, at minimum, once a semester.
- The V.P. Academic presents a report at each BSR meeting concerning the affairs of their portfolio and submits an annual report to the BSR on all projects, affairs, and operations of their portfolio during their term of office.
Committees for the 2023-2024 term:
- Senate Nominating Committee
- Academic Integrity Committee
- Academic Review Committee
- Academic Standing and Admissions Policy Committee
- Experiential Learning Committee
- Senate Planning Committee
- Senate Committee on Prizes
- Senate Teaching and Learning Centre Initiative Committee
- Senate Teaching Evaluation Committee
- Senate Timetable Committee
- The Campus Newspaper Publishing Board