Prior to each year’s Convocation, the Valedictorian Selection Committee will issue a call for candidates from the graduating class. The Valedictorians bid farewell to graduating students while also celebrating the collective achievements and accomplishments of the class as they take their final steps as BU students and their first as BU alumni.
(NOTE: Convocation dates, times and ceremony format are determined by Administration)
- Interested in becoming the next valedictorian?
Download the application package **(Link to nomination package, https://www.busrc.com/s/Valedictorian-Application-Package-2021.pdf)**
- Next steps:
- Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview following the application deadline.
- During the interview, applicants will be asked a series of questions (which they will be sent in advance); and will be asked to deliver a speech.
- The committee asks that the applicant deliver a segment of the speech in French (i.e. a minimum of 5%). Coaching and support can be provided.
- It is recommended that the speech outline the applicant’s vision/idea for their speech from start to finish and that the applicant identifies a “take-away message” for the graduating class.
- QUESTIONS?If you have any further questions, please contact SRC President at [email protected]
- PREVIOUS VALEDICTORIANS
- Sabrina-Binta Kone – Business and Education
- Sally Cunningham – Humanities, Social Science, Natural Science, and Mathematics
- Noah Jepson – Business and Education
- Maxim Jacques – Business and Education
- Klara Goettke – Humanities, Social Science, Natural Science, and Mathematics
- Tyler Smith – Business and Education
- Molly Sweeney – Humanities, Social Science, Natural Science, and Mathematics