Job Title: Security Marshal (Gait & Special Events)
Department: Students’ Representative Council (SRC)
Term of Employment: 3-25 hours per week
Hourly Wage: $18-$22 per hour depending on experience
Summary: The BUSRC (Bishop’s University Students’ Representative Council) is seeking a qualified and dedicated individual to fill a position as Security Marshal. Supervised directly by the Bishop’s Security department during each shift, the incumbent will provide for the safety of persons, buildings, and property at the campus bar and special campus events including cleaning and carrying out any hygiene measures required in light of COVID-19.. This position – starting as soon as possible – has a variable work week of 0-20 hours from Monday to Sunday, and the working hours will vary, but consist mostly of evenings and
nights, with occasional daytime shifts on weekends.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Candidate must hold a valid First Aid Level 1 certification
- Candidate must hold a valid security guard license from the Bureau de la Securité Privée (BSP)
- At a minimum, must be available to work on Thursday evenings OR Saturday nights.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Ability to communicate in English (Bilingualism preferred)• Experience in security such as a doorman, bouncer, etc is an asset
Nature of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check ID of patrons to ensure legal drinking when required;
- Performs “pat downs” and bag/container verification at the entry of the bar and special events;
- Ensures a safe environment for guests of the bar and special event;
- Protects the property of the bar/event from vandalism, theft and unauthorized use;
- Removes disorderly patrons from the bar/event as needed;
- Provides first aid to individuals when needed;
- Provides traffic and crowd control at campus events;
- Responds to requests for assistance and information;
- Documents all incidents, emergency measures, and daily shifts;
- Performs additional similar/related task as required.
The SRC is strongly committed to equitable hiring practices; all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit your resume by email to [email protected]
For further information about the position, please contact Stephanie Thomas at [email protected] or visit in-person, MOU 020, located in the SUB building on the ground floor.
We thank you in advance for your interest in the SRC. Only the most qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview